Property Distribution / Equitable Distribution
This can be a tough matter, and that’s why you want a law firm that has your best interests in mind.
See below for the factors that are used to determine property division and equitable distribution:
- Separate property is property owned before marriage, inherited property, and gifts
- Separate property used to purchase jointly held real estate is marital property
- Property that was acquired during the marriage by one or both spouses is marital property
Assets may include:
- Marital residence, vacation, or investment property
- Bank and investment accounts
- Retirement savings
- Health insurance
Whether you and your partner are able to negotiate property distribution outside of court or you need to go through litigation, the lawyers at Capital to Coast NC Law Group will stand by your side as your fierce advocate. Contact one of our attorneys for an initial consultation today.