A divorce can easily turn into an unpleasant, complicated experience.
- Gathering and compiling all relevant paperwork
- Communicating with opposing counsel
- Representing you in hearings and at trial
- Child custody and child support arrangements
- Division of assets
- Property division and equitable distribution
Our goal is to guide you through the divorce process while focusing on the things that are most important.
An ex parte temporary protection order can be issued by a court following a complaint from the victim, stating one believes there is an immediate danger to oneself or one’s child. Once an ex parte order is issued, it protects the victim until a court hearing occurs. An ex parte order becomes enforceable when the abuser has been served with a copy of it.
The final domestic order, also known as a 50B protective order, can be issued for a period of a year and can be renewed for additional periods up to two years. The protective order may include the following:
50B Protective Orders
- Forbid the abuser from carrying out future acts of domestic violence
- Grant possession of the residence to the victim and ban the abuser from entering
- Award temporary custody and establish temporary visitation rights
- Order either party to make child support/spousal support payments
- Order the abuser to refrain from threatening, abusing, or harassing the victim
- Impose any and all other restrictions as deemed by the court
How Much Does it Cost to File a Divorce?
Can I Change My Name After a Divorce?
What if My Spouse Lives in a Different State?
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
When we needed an attorney recently we contacted Kellie Gonzalez and could not have been more pleased with our interactions with her and the outcome she obtained for us.
I am writing to thank all of you, for assisting with the completion of the will and other key documents.
They were wonderful. Very efficient and great communicators.
Received a speeding ticket while passing through NC.
We used Kellie as our real estate attorney when purchasing a home.
Don’t face complex issues regarding this facet of family law alone. Schedule a consultation now.